+ Reply to Thread

Default chainsaw sharpening

I was watching the show tonight and was wondering where I can find the chainsaw sharpener that Tim showed Roger how to use.

Default Re: chainsaw sharpening

A jig or sharpener does make it easier, but all you really need to sharpen a chainsaw is a chainsaw file (cheap!) that's the right size, a steady hand, and a little bit of instruction. I'm sure there are plenty of YouTube videos on the subject.

(I don't have a TV, so I didn't watch the episode.)
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

Default Re: chainsaw sharpening

A chainsaw (or chain saw) is a portable mechanical saw, *****ed by electricity, compressed air, hydraulic *****, or most commonly a two-stroke engine. It is used in activities such as tree felling, limbing, bucking, pruning, by tree surgeons to fell trees and remove branches and foliage, to fell snags and assist in cutting firebreaks in wildland fire suppression, and to harvest firewood. Chainsaws with specially designed bar and chain combinations have been developed as tools for use in chainsaw art. Spe******t chainsaws are used for cutting concrete.