+ Reply to Thread

Default General Discussion folder

How come there's no shoot the breeze folder?
    Seems some threads get a bit hijacked because theres no folder for just shootin the breeze.
    Hidden Content
    ॐשָׁלו

Default Re: General Discussion folder

Threads are going to get jacked even if we did have a fun folder. If you were ever on the old forum, there is one particular thread that holds the record for longest running thread, and we'll keep it alive until TOH pulls the plug on the old girl. A member asked about building cabinets and everyone proceeded to offer advice. When the OP was off working or doing other things we kept it alive with a little friendly banter.

Probably the best place for a fun thread would be in the joke folder, however even some of the most serious threads can use a little levity now and again.

Or I suppose we could use this one lol..
    Even over at JLC there's a discussion folder and thats a pretty serious place.
    Its just that you get tired of talking about work all day and a yakin' room would help keep us here after hours..jus' a change of pace without haveing to switch sites.
    I've been a regular the past 7 or more years over at Breaktime (see my website below and the page with andy in the news for the BT rap)but I needed a break from there for a spell. Change of scenery.
    Hidden Content
    ॐשָׁלו

Well, with this new forum format, there are a whole lot of new faces, er, uh, names to get to know. It doesn't take long to see who has the sense of humor about things. Most of the regulars from the old forum have a great sense of humor and we all get along famously.

The nice thing about this new set up is the smilies. I always recommend that folks use them liberally so that there is no question about the intent of their messages. I moderate a hobby forum similar to this format, and you really can't use too many smilies.

Because not everyone wants the site cluttered with politics and religion. Tha's why some of the sites have request to enter threads like CAfe' on FWW forum. You know, there are still some prudes around.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I'm thinkin' that sooner or later they should add one more icon.....the one that involves a finger.

ROAR !!

Quote Originally Posted by ****hiller View Post
    I'm thinkin' that sooner or later they should add one more icon.....the one that involves a finger.
    Hmmm

This one

This one

Or this one?

Question Re: General Discussion folder

NEW TO YOUR PROGRAM. JUST REGESTERED. I HAVE A SERIOUS QUESTION AND PROBLUM AND HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP.. IM TRYING TO INSTALL A HALF BATH IN MY SONS HOUSE ON THE 2ND FLOOR. I WAS ATTEMPTING TO TAP INTO THE EXISTING 3INCH VENT PIPE UNTIL MY SON AND I SPOKE TO A SUPPOSELY PLUMER WORKING AT HOME DEPOT WHO TOLD US WE NEED TO RUN A NEW SPERATE 3INCH WASTE PIPE..AND REROUTE THE VENTING.. SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE ME SOME HELP.. THANK YOU JOE