+ Reply to Thread

Default hot water in master bath

Master bath is 40ft from hot water tank and it takes forever to get hot water. Should i put circulating pump or put 8 or 10 gallon hotwater tank at that side of basment it is electric tank. Or what can i do?

Default Re: hot water in master bath

Go with the circulating pump. We have installed many of these units and have had no complaints. You can run them on continuous circulation or on a timer. The two main manufactures are Watts & Taco. We have been using Taco.

John

http://www.taco-hvac.com/uploads/FileLibrary/100-93.pdf

before you install a circlating pump you should check to see where the hot water line from the hot water tank goes. does it go directly from the hot water tank to the tub or does it go from the hot water tank to the kitchen then to the bathroom faucets then to the tub? if that's the case, it might be more cost effective to "Tee" off the hot water tank line and go directly to the tub.

Are there any special plumbing requirements for installing one of these pumps? I mean can they be installed in any plumbing system without modification?

Quote Originally Posted by uh_clem View Post
    Are there any special plumbing requirements for installing one of these pumps? I mean can they be installed in any plumbing system without modification?
    Some modifications are necessary. If you are not familiar or don't have plumbing experience, you should hire a plumber. The last thing you want is a problem with faulty installation.