+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kitchen Remodel

Threaded View

Newport News, Virginia

Default Kitchen Remodel

Hey Everybody, I have done a little remodeling novice style in my 1905 home in Virginia. My latest project is the one that is really kicking my butt. I decided to strip the paint from the built in cabinets. These things were built right in place and I thought it would be more cost effective to strip and poluyurethane. It has already been 9 months since I started. I have gotten the cabinets 90% stripped, the checkerboard wallpaper stripped off, repaired a few rough places on the walls and painted will Kilz. Once I finish the cabinets, the countertop needs to be replaced and I'm not sure how to measure for a new one and then the last thing will be to replace the flooring. As you can see, the old is vinyl 12x12 squares that are still very secured to the subfloor. One problem is that the floor slopes towards the sink from about the middle of the room. What is the best way to maybe take some of that slope away before laying new sheet vinyl? Am going to try to add some pictures. I really like when others add pictures. It really lets you see what they are talking about and maybe even get some great ideas. The kitchen section was added on to the house decades after it was built.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KitchenPictures 001.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	2150   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KitchenPictures 020.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	2151   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KitchenPictures 021.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	2152