+ Reply to Thread

Default What is the meaning of green and greens in these phrases?

Vegetable
    Avocade
    Beans green
    Broccoli cooked
    Mustard greens cooked
    Pepper green, raw
    Could you tell me what does green and greens actually mean in this case? Does it mean the leaves or something else?
    And what does "Spring onion" mean?

Default Re: What is the meaning of green and greens in these phrases?

Green is the color of nature, fertility, life. Grass green is the most restful color.
    Yes you are right everything which we cultivate from green grass it comes in sense of Grass.

cheers

Some vegetables come in different colors. There are red beans, black beans, yellow beans, green beans and brown beans. Bell Peppers come in red, green, yellow and chocolate (brown). Other peppers come in different colors as well, but usually when a color is mentioned, they mean Bell Peppers.

The tops (leaves) of some plants like mustard and turnips are eaten. On big cultural difference between the north and south is that Southerners eat the greens of the turnip and feed the roots to the pigs where the Northerners eat the roots and feed the greens to the pigs.

Spring onions are like new potatoes, they are harvested when young and small.

I think it means the "green" cash that you hope to gain by posting spam to this forum.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by keith3267 View Post
    Some vegetables come in different colors. There are red beans, black beans, yellow beans, green beans and brown beans. Bell Peppers come in red, green, yellow and chocolate (brown). Other peppers come in different colors as well, but usually when a color is mentioned, they mean Bell Peppers.

The tops (leaves) of some plants like mustard and turnips are eaten. On big cultural difference between the north and south is that Southerners eat the greens of the turnip and feed the roots to the pigs where the Northerners eat the roots and feed the greens to the pigs.

Spring onions are like new potatoes, they are harvested when young and small.
    I think spring onions are some leafy onion buds.