+ Reply to Thread

Default Inspection Camera

Does anyone have any recommendations for an inspection camera? I saw a Ridgid 25643 SeeSnake Micro Inspection Camera on an episode of Ask This Old House, but Milwaukee Corp also makes a version.

Default Re: Inspection Camera

I am a homeowner. I like to do my own repairs and improvements when possible. To be honest an inspection camera probably won't see that much use in my home on a day-to-day basis, but I am sure it would be one of those "really nice to have" tools around the house. Some potential uses include checking behind a few walls for insulation that I suspect is missing, checking the condition of the fireplace flue, and locating/picking up toys that my son threw into those hard-to-reach locations.

As an aside, another tool I'd love to have is an infrared imaging camera to check my insulation efforts. However, an Internet search seems to suggest that they cost well over $1,000 -- which is well out of my budgetary league.

Default Re: Inspection Camera

you might be able to rent an infrared camera, check ******.....getting a pro in to do an energy audit would be cheaper than buying one....also, check with your state gas/electric company, i got a free energy audit in mass, called Mass Saves, then did an inspection, gave me a report and if i do the entire house they give me a $2000 rebate, yes that was two thousand dollars.