+ Reply to Thread

Question painting ideas/help

I have a very small/long room on one side the whole wall is cabinets. I've seen pics where you paint the center panels a slightly different color then the cabinet doors. does anybody know what I mean? I would love some suggestions. anything but a big white wall of cabinets
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0132.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	2138   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0134.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	2139   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0135.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	2140  

Default Re: painting ideas/help

In the picture it looks like you have flat panel doors. Might I suggest that you buy some molding and apply the the fronts to add architectural interest. It can be a simple picture frame style or you can go as elaborate as you want Once that's applied you can paint the center a different color or paint the trim a different color.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Default Re: painting ideas/help

It might be nice to use two tones of the same color, one on the top doors and the other on the bottom.

For instance maybe a nice mossy green color on the lower larger cabinet doors, and a darker shade of the same color on the top. It would help break up the space some and define that shape to the upper cabinets.

Quote Originally Posted by Blonde angel View Post
    I have a very small/long room on one side the whole wall is cabinets. I've seen pics where you paint the center panels a slightly different color then the cabinet doors. does anybody know what I mean? I would love some suggestions. anything but a big white wall of cabinets