+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well System Psi

Default Well System Psi

Is there a way to maintain a steady say 50psi in my house that is supplied from a well?

Default Re: Well System Psi

Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

thank you but i am unable to open the link you posted. i am not sure what item i am looking for on that site. can you tell me where to go after i got on the site?
    Thank you!

You might not have Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader on your computer so try to start with this link http://www.grundfos.com/web/HOMEus.N...ag/PAVA-526KFY

Jack

Thank you i got it this time. do you know if i have change the pump or can i add the control box & pres. tank to my system? or some other way to solve my problem? the reason i ask, my pump has just been replaced back in may.

I'm afraid that system would require replacing the pump and all.

If your pump is capable of it set the pressure switch to 50/70 lbs and install a pressure reducing valve set to 50 lbs after the pressure tank might work. You would have to check the specs for your pump.
    Jack

Yes....you can likely go to constant pressure without pulling or changing out your new pump. Franklin Electric likely has what you need.

If a three-wire (220 volt pump)...you would replace your existing control box with ..... http://www.franklin-electric.com/bus...=13&ProdLine=4

One word of caution - If you have a chlorinator on your well.....you cannot use a constant pressure pump (or constant pressure system/automatic throttling valve) and maintain a constant rate of chlorination. Won't go into the whys and wherefores of that unless you need to know why.
    Last edited by goldhiller; 02-14-2009 at 12:01 AM.

****ie , are you sure that will work with any submersible?
    Jack

Will work with many different manufacturers' submersible units.....even though the installation instructions from Franklin (pdf download available) says "caution" as regards using anything other than a Franklin motor. It is my understanding that most pump manufacturers use Franklin motors to drive their pumps. If in doubt, check with the manufacturer of the particular submersible unit in question. (This is why I said "likely". <G>)

Have installed one on a unit labeled as a Meyer's and one on a Gould's. Haven't heard back that there's been any problems yet. Last one was installed over two years ago.

Take a look here and scroll down to where the prices are on the page. Read text just above those prices.

http://www.wwpp.us/franklin/monodrive.html
    Last edited by goldhiller; 02-14-2009 at 10:25 AM.

Thanks, I've only seen one installed in this area and it was a new well, pump, lines, etc.
    Jack