+ Reply to Thread

Default Paint from an episode of TOH

Hi.
    A few episodes of TOH ago, I noticed a paint that came from Europe which had microscopic ceramic beads suspended in it and made the paint last for a couple of decades on exterior siding.
    Does anyone recall that episode or the brand name of the paint?
    I believe that the house was an ocre sort of color.
    Thanks.

Default Re: Paint from an episode of TOH

I think I remember the house fairly well. If memory serves me right it was last year when they were working on a new kitchen and built out of the back of the house with a new office area and library. The house was in Massachusetts and a suburb of Boston. I also remember that they were trying to keep the cost down as much as possible and they lived in the house while they were renovating it. Like this years project the family had a girl and a boy and they can be seen in the blog pictures.
    I know that doesn't talk about the paint but if you look at the blog and go back to last year you will see the name of the project. When you see the children in the pictures you will know you are at the right project. I know too that there is a resources area where they talk about past seasons and you can look up the paint from there. According to what the homeowner said once the paint is applied after an extensive prep job you never need to paint again or so he was told. Good luck in finding it and good luck on your project!

Quote Originally Posted by hedgeclippers View Post
    I think I remember the house fairly well. If memory serves me right it was last year when they were working on a new kitchen and built out of the back of the house with a new office area and library. The house was in Massachusetts and a suburb of Boston. I also remember that they were trying to keep the cost down as much as possible and they lived in the house while they were renovating it. Like this years project the family had a girl and a boy and they can be seen in the blog pictures.
    I know that doesn't talk about the paint but if you look at the blog and go back to last year you will see the name of the project. When you see the children in the pictures you will know you are at the right project. I know too that there is a resources area where they talk about past seasons and you can look up the paint from there. According to what the homeowner said once the paint is applied after an extensive prep job you never need to paint again or so he was told. Good luck in finding it and good luck on your project!
    Wasn't it the one that had a house which had a bookcase at the top of the stairs? They removed the case to put in a reading nook or something?

The paint is called Rhino Shield from the Newtown Centre house.