+ Reply to Thread

Default Above Cabinet Lighting

I was just wondering if it was better in hardwire above cabinet lighting or to run it from an outlet?

Default Re: Above Cabinet Lighting

Quote Originally Posted by bascclark View Post
    I was just wondering if it was better in hardwire above cabinet lighting or to run it from an outlet?
    If it is above a sink, it must be hardwired to a switch according to code. Personally, I would prefer hardwired undercabinet lights to keep my receptacles free and to keep the counter from being cluttered by cords.
    -Cameron Lashley

We are going to hardwire our under cabinet lighting but we are also putting in ABOVE cabinet lighting as well (to give ambience lighting towards the ceiling when the recessed lighting is not in use). We just need to know if we should place outlets above the cabinets for something like rope lights or use hardwired light strips. Just to clarify.

A switched outlet above the cabinets will give you more decorating flexibility than a fixed lighting system.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.