+ Reply to Thread

Default Hiding HDTV cables

Just for your information I ran across this today
    Erroneous link deleted see below.

Jack
    Last edited by JLMCDANIEL; 02-12-2009 at 07:25 PM.
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Default Re: Hiding HDTV cables

Oops, sorry about that click on wrong address window.

Eliminate messy wires. Conceal cable boxes, DVD players, or any HDTV device with the Acoustic Research HDP100 HD Powerlink SystemThe HD Powerlink System transmits digital high definition signal to your TV via existing home power lines. It transmits the highest quality HD signal available up to 1080p. A lower cost alternative to professional installation that removes the clutter of wires and the expense of wall reconstruction!

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_disp...OD=HDP100#MORE

This is not an indorsemnet just passing along some Info I received today.
    Jack
    Last edited by JLMCDANIEL; 02-12-2009 at 07:21 PM.

Yes, but you can hide an outlet behind the screen. And yes you do need power for it to work but the interconnect cables are gone.
    Jack

And you get to buy some more electronic thingies.
    Jack

That's cool. I could have used that myself when I got my new TV and wall mounted it.
    2009 kitchen remodel warrior

asbolute black granite
    Antique White Hidden Content
    Travertine 18" x 18" floor tiles.
    It looks Great!!

These band-aids are usually only compatible with the lowest common denominator of connectivity options, and certainly cannot be counted on for compatibility with future connectivity.

To leave yourself plenty of options, fish in a run of conduit or corrugated raceway (ie: "smurf" tube or Carlon orange raceway).

If you can pull wire to install an AC receptacle, you should be able to do this as well.

FWIW,
    Today's flat panel pre-wire would consist of a high quality HDMI cable, component video cable (for redundancy/backup if the HDMI fails), Cat5E/6 for network, and the aforementioned raceway stub.

If you are going to have an LCR soundbar type speaker installed on the panel and connected to a home theater, pull three pairs of 16 or 14 awg in-wall rated speaker wire as well.
    I wish the GCs I worked with were as quality-minded as Tom Silva and Mike Holmes.

Smile Re: Hiding HDTV cables

I'm betting it doesn't meet the newest V1.4 standards. Nice idea but it needs a USB upgrade port or it will be old news in 6 months....