+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: protect your knees!

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    jk the best advive I can give you for your dad is,start lifting small bumb bells weight weeks before the surgery.
    He raised Jkirk, isn't that enough for one man?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

easy now.. the hard thing for him will be to not lift weights, he was a high school phys ed teacher for 30 years and coached canadian university football for like 28...

its not the first time hes had knee surgery . he had it replaced back when he was in his 20's when he blew it out playing football
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Hi jkirk! How are your knees now? I hope you recover fast. Got a friend who works as a welder and got the same knee problem as yours. That was around winter time. The doctor just gave him antibiotics and it got cured. The next winter season it came back again XD. Must be really hard for people working in the same line of work like yours. So take extra precaution. Knee pad it is!

the knee is fine now, i started jogging again for the first time since around 2001 or so. also realized i have a collapsed arch in that leg so i added arch supports. the only time i have any real discomfort in the knee is if im on concrete floors all day wearing boots, now i just wear sneakers

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
    the knee is fine now, now i just wear sneakers
    jk take a look at these. I changed to them and feel like a new man. There a little weird feeling until you get use to them...Kinda feel like a walking rocking horse..lol....They also build up your legs

http://www.skechers.com/style/52000/shape-ups-x-t/brn
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

lol, the sneakers wayne gretzky is teh spokesman for

Getting old is a be-atch. I'm pretty sure the tendonitus in my elbow got started from carrying a bunch of concrete block. Other parts are wearing out too, but since nobody really cares I'll keep it to myself.

A guy walks into a corner deli in New York City, and asks the owner: "What do you have today?"

The owner says: "You know, the usual, I have chopped liver, I have stuffed intestine...you know, the usual..."

The guy raises his eyebrows: "I didn't mean your troubles. I ment to eat".

AMEN!

I beat up my knees for too many years and pay the price now. Now I use knee pads for all floor work. Get real good ones. They are only expensive when you buy them.

Don't forget all the other P.P.E.

Use ear muffs.

Use goggles or glasses. (like Norm said. "God only gave you one eye. And a spare."
    Waste not, want not.
    Use it up. Wear it out. Make it due, or due without.

Now if only the pants manufacturers would make work pants that would hold the knee pads in place without having to have them strapped so tightly.

A few years ago, when I was renovating (replacing) a bathroom in my house, my knees started giving me great pain, so I started wearing knee pads. I found them to be very uncomfortable when I stood up, they wanted to drop to my ankles. I wear Dickies for work so I sent an e-mail to Dickies with a suggestion that could integrate the knee pads to the work pants for far more comfortable wear, but whoever got the e-mail at their customer service sent it back and told me that I needed to send the suggestion to someone, somewhere, by snail mail. I was not going to spend the $.34 to help them make money, so that is their loss.