+ Reply to Thread

Default Need L Bracket to support 75 lbs of granite

We have a small kitchen which currently has laminate countertops. Left of the sink, there is a partially free standing countertop where 2 stools fit underneath. We plan to install a granite countertop but I need to find an L Bracket, preferably white, that can support the 24"deep X 33" wide section of the granite that will be free standing. Any ideas where I can find one?? Thanks, Nancy A.

Default Re: Need L Bracket to support 75 lbs of granite

i think you can go to a metal fabrication shop and have them made relatively cheaply. THey can form steel in 1/4 or 1/2 inch thickness and drill countersunk holes for screwing into the studs. I just posted a question myself about using a 6' by 2' steel plate and have priced the plate at less than $100, and that involves a LOT more steel than two or three brackets.

Default Re: Need L Bracket to support 75 lbs of granite

i think you can go to a metal fabrication shop and have them made relatively cheaply. THey can form steel in 1/4 or 1/2 inch thickness and drill countersunk holes for screwing into the studs. I just posted a question myself about using a 6' by 2' steel plate and have priced the plate at less than $100, and that involves a LOT more steel than two or three brackets.