I believe the recent rain tripped my outside outlet which is on the same line as the GFI in my garage. I have all outdoor Christmas lights on outdoor extension cords, but I forgot to unplug them in the rain and I think it tripped. The problem is, I cleared all my outlets and went to reset the GFI...nothing. I can get it to "click" in, but it doesn't even stay for a second. I checked the circuit breaker...no tripped circuit. There are no other GFEs on that line. My home was built in 2007 in the U.S..
Can an overload on a GFI cause the actual box to malfunction? Should I replace the box? Can this overload cause any of the wiring to burn or does the tripped GFI prevent that from coming close to occuring. Thanks in advance!
TR