+ Reply to Thread

Default Water pools at foot of back porch stairway

I have an asphalt driveway and a concrete area at the bottom of my back steps that abuts the asphalt driveway. The concrete area is lower than the driveway and water pools from rain or melting. In the winter it is especially problematical as it melts and refreezes and makes for dangerous walking. Is there anyway to remedy this? I want to make the area at the foot of the steps higher. I have been told that you cannot add another layer of concrete on top of an existing layer. Help please.

Default Re: Water pools at foot of back porch stairway

aside from tearing up the old concrete and putting in a new walkway, which is the only way to remedy the situation correctly, you could always lay down some PT sleepers and build a small wooden walkway, almost like a mini deck from the bottom of the stairs to the driveway. i don't know how big of an area you are talking about but maybe build it level with the bottom stair and have one more step down onto the driveway.

Default Re: Water pools at foot of back porch stairway

Thanks for the ideas, the area is about 4 x 5, I do not have the money to tear it up, so will look into your other ideas. Appreciate it.