+ Reply to Thread

Thread: boiler systems

Default boiler systems

I am going to have installed a new radiant heat source. I have quotes for the Prestige triangle tube boiler, and the Rinnair 130IL with a side arm domsetic heater on both systems. which is the better buy, and best product?

Default Re: boiler systems

I would strongly recommend the Triangle Tube Prestige boiler as a class act in the heating industry, & a unit which has been on the Energy Star List of top boilers for quite a number of years.

I would also recommend you also buy the Triangle Tube Phase 3 indirect hot water heater (40 gallon size is standard) as a companion unit--also has high marks in hot water efficiency; don't like the idea of a "sidearm" unit at all, good chance you'll run out of HW most of the time; you would be much better with the Phase 3; for a less expensive indirect, there is also the Amtrol Boilermate, which is less efficient than the Phase 3, but at least has the capacity to produce all the hot water you will need for laundry, dishes & simultaneous baths/showers.

Not that familiar with the Rinnai line; they have been added to the Energy Star list as of 3/26/10 for the E Series and Q Series boilers.

Try doing a Google search, entering "Triangle Tube Prestige Condensing Boilers" reviews.

Also do a Google search, entering "Rinnai condensing boilers". reviews.

Also go to Pex supply for a ballpark price on Triangle Tube boilers; at the site, click onto "Boiler Room", "Boiler Buying Guide","review all boilers"---they also quote prices for indirect hot water heaters.

http://www.pexsupply.com
    Last edited by NashuaTech; 12-09-2010 at 04:59 PM.