+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Blanket for Insulation Opening

Have 2 bedroom addition with bath in between. Rooms connected by 3 foot by 10 foot hall, no door. Want to put up some type of blanket to hold heat in sleeping room better. I am using Amish Surge Heater to heat room. . What type of material is best to hang where door would be. Opening is normal 8 feet high, 26 inchs wide. Thanks

Default Re: Blanket for Insulation Opening

Howdy draping the opening with a 6 mill clear plastic will help keep the heat in the room. Up grad with a shower curtain so it slides to the side also works well too.
    Last edited by Timothy Miller; 12-07-2010 at 08:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Default Re: Blanket for Insulation Opening

Out of curiosity, why did you build a bedroom with an 8foot by 26 inch opening? Why did you not rough out for a standard door size? Anyway, if you are looking for an inexpensive door closure, try buying a piece of ridgid foam insulation and cut it to fit the opening. Foam cuts cleanly on a table saw. I used to do this often when I had to temporarily block an opening, such as painting an exterior door in winter which had no storm door.

The foam can be painted and handles affixed to it to make it look less utilitarian. It is extremely light weight and can be moved easily.