+ Reply to Thread

Default Tell us WHAT YOU'RE SHOPPING FOR and we'll do the legwork in our Shopping column

What are you shopping for? Tell us, and we'll do the legwork so you don't have to. Your topic could be featured in the Shopping column of the upcoming Reader-Created issue.
    Last edited by Moderator; 03-25-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Default Re: Help Us Choose a Topic: Shopping

1. Gazebos & outdoor structures
    2. New homeowner's tool kits/ sets or must-have tool kits for everyday use
    3. Something as basic as HAMMERS
    4. Showerheads

Supplies to make a great mud area for those not blessed with 'rooms' (benches, cubbies, hooks, rugs, baskets)

Toilet seats

Ceiling mounted light fixtures

My wife and I are slowly restoring a farm house built somewhere around 1909 and we appreciate the little details the most. The house originally had gas light fixtures in each room and most rooms still have the wall mounted on-off valve. Sadly the "neck" and the place where the glass globe/adjustable valve are missing on all but one. I would like to see something on where to purchase/identify these type of fixtures.

Thanks for an awesome magazine!

I'm shopping for a home improvement forum that actually knows how to deal with spammers. This one is quickly becoming unusable -- there are more spam posts than real posts.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

I would like to see where you can buy kitchen cabinets off of the internet and which companies are reputable. ForceBwU19 I found a website for you that has just what you are looking for if you want the whole lamp. It will be electrified though and not gas which I assume is what you would want. Here is the web address http://www.rejuvenation.com/ . In their search area look for gas lighting. Depending on what you want it might get expensive for something already made up. I understand from their website that they restore old lights too. Anyway good luck to you.

I'm shopping for a new forum where the moderators care about eliminating the spammers.

I it ok to post the link to a store here as this is a topic on shopping?

Here it is for internal doors , external doors in fact all sorts of doors.

Ant

Default Re: Tell us WHAT YOU'RE SHOPPING FOR and we'll do the legwork in our Shopping column

Looking at the latest in Bathroom fixtures, like Whirlpool tubs. What diffrent type are there, I hear the lingo of air, Jet Hydotherapy etc. Need a translator, Whats good whats not. How many Jets? Heating units, pump size?
    Water fall faucet, Glass Block shower surrounds, or windows.
    Tankless water heaters.