+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Tell is WHAT YOU WANT TO BUILD and your topic could be featured

I'd like to ask Tom how to put in a window on the back of my office so I can see who is in our back yard! Our house is 150 years old and my office and laundry room were added to the house at some point in time. There is no window at all! I have no clue how or even if it is possible to "install" a window!

I'd like to install a simple window seat with storage in my office I'm remodeling. My 3 dogs spend most of their time in my office with me and they have tons of toys that I need storage for. They would also love to be able to sit on top of the window seat to look out of the old double windows. Tom, your suggestions?

I'd like to ask Tom to help us insulate 150 year old windows in our house! The house has the original wavy glass so we really do not want to replace them and take away the character of the house! Living in Michigan, our electric and gas bills are outrageous during the winter! Can Tom help us? Please?

Tom, please help us with installing new windows in our old basement! Our house is 150 years old with a "Michigan basement" I was told. The windows are all broken and we've lined them with styrofoam for the winter. We'd like to know how to install those heavy blocks of glass in them.

I'd like to have the small steps and 3 ft. deck on my back door extended into a larger deck for sitting in the sun. I'm picturing it about 12' x 12' and having the steps lead out to the driveway instead of right in the dirt as they are! Also, there is a small "roof" about 3' wide that extends all the way down the steps right now. Can a roof like this be "cut" if we did extend the deck? Thanks Tom!

We have a 1918 Chicago Style bungalow that we are restoring back to it's original look as much as possible. A couple of years ago a neighbor up the street removed some beautiful art glass casement windows and we were lucky enough to purchase them. We had them installed by a local carpenter to replace a crappy vinyl picture window in the rear of our house and they look great, but it's a year and a half later and I still haven't finished off the inside trim. I need your help Tom!

Smile Re: Tell is WHAT YOU WANT TO BUILD and your topic could be featured

We have an old cape cod style house with a small upstairs bathroom. The tub is not a standard size and in bad shape due to hard water and age. We would love to remove the old porcelain bathtub and replace it with a tiled shower floor. Thanks!

I want to install an above ground pool. I purchased a 15' round steel wall above ground pool with a complete filter, pump, and skimmer kit. I have a small flat yard and want to do the work myself.

My husband and I are remodeling and redecorating a 1899 Federalist/Victorian. We have 2 projects going at present: a 2nd bathroom remodel (his) and a kitchen upgrade (hers).
    Counter tops in the kitchen need to be replaced. Would love some step by step instructions for installing laminate, stainless, and butcher block counter tops. Purchased some of the materials already.
    Gutted the bath, extended the footprint into what will be the laundry room, rewired and in the process of replumbing. Once the fixtures are in place, when do the walls go up and what materials should be used? Plan on tiling the majority of the room: walls and floor.
    Would love to hear from you.

Smile Re: Tell is WHAT YOU WANT TO BUILD and your topic could be featured

Good morning! I have a 1971 bi-level (or split level some might say) home. It is the typical square, plain box that became wildly popular in the 70's. I am happy to have a home however and just need to "tweak" a bit. It is very small and I and my family are many. I need to build a shelving/cabinet system across one wall in my upstairs living room. I need it to house the TV and the myriad of systems which go along, grandchildren's toys, puppies' toys, household supplies - and of course, BOOKS! I know, asking alot. I have been envisioning for quite some time but this is way over my head - even gone so far as selecting the stock cabinets, shelf units and crown moulding at the local big box! Tom - I could REALLY use your help!