It seems a little weird writing to you to ask for stuff for my shop, but the truth is that I long to build furniture in my small garage and I have been back in school for the past two plus years to retrain as an ultrasound tech, which leaves little money for the purchase of woodworking tools, let alone furniture projects.
As an example, I recently completed a drop in router table for my Table Saw and it only took me 10 Months! At this pace, I should be outfitted sometime in 2020!
Well, in the spirit of Christmas.... Santa, here is what I can use for my shop....
- A good bench vice
- A medium Sized Shoulder Plane
- A good Block Plane
- A good router, especially the new DeWalt Variable Speed Compact Router with LEDs, 1.25 HP, Model DWP611
- A selection of Router Bits, especially a spiral upcut bit and spiral downcut bit
- A nice mortising machine
- Perhaps the really cool FESTOOL Domino Joiner DF500Q (perhaps I can do a comparison of different Joinery machines!
- Clamps, Clamps and more clamps
I could go on but as I said... it's hard to just up and ask for stuff. One thing to note is that I have written reviews before, for graphics software, so I would love to set up tests and write reviews for tools, as Tools are Cool!
Thanks for your consideration and for creating such a great show and Mag.