+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Tell us the TOOLS ON YOUR WISHLIST and it could be featured in Reader Tool Test

Tell us your workshop needs and you'll be automatically entered into a pool for a chance to be a TOH Tool Tester for our upcoming Reader-Created issue.

What tools are on your workshop wishlist and why? Tell us and you could be featured!
    Last edited by Moderator; 03-25-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Default Re: Help Us Choose a Tool: Reader Tool Test

Chain saws! :-D

And, again, HAMMERS!

On my wish list I have a Saw Stop Table saw and a Fein Multimaster kit. Both would be very helpful for some remodeling jobs around the house and the table saw would be especially helpful for building some cabinets for the garage.

A compact, freestanding work light. Preferably battery *****ed. I realized just how dark a windowless powder room is while replacing outlets and switches.

On my list is a 18-volt cordless combo kit. I didn't specify which one, but I'm hoping to get a kit with at least a drill, reciprocating saw and a circle saw. I feel with that trio, you can tackle a good majority of the most common household chores. Currently I have a drill, but it has a pesky cord, and having a cordless drill will make life a thousand times easier. The reciprocating saw--that's a no-brainer--it's one of the most useful tools ever invented. And a circle saw is mandatory if you have to cut lumber.

I tryed to sumit a few mints. ago but I don`t it went.

This may seem strange to be requesting through a "wood"publication, however I would like a "blast" cabinet for my shop. Since I work with antique funiture and antique gaspumps. This would allow me not only clean metal but strip finishes from wood by using the verious media. For my shop I would like a blast cabinet that is; 36-40"wx24-30"dx 24"h(about)the overall height needs to be about 58".

Thank you very much
    Allen Teel

the new bosch axial glide 12 " compound mitre saw. its the latest innovation in mitre saws and claims to stay accurate far longer than then sliders. but has s big price ticket... dont forget saw stands... in my region quality mitre saw stands arent available as a stand alone purchase, you have to buy a lower end mitre saw to get each brands stand
    fire up the saw and make some dust

I would like the RIDGID 12 Volt Job Max Multi-Tool with all 4 diffrent heads. I think this would be a great tool from my next remodel and some fix up project that I need to do around the house.

the saw is great almost as good as the bosch, the sanding attachment is great as well. but the impact hammer is useless, this sort of thing should be left to air *****ed
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Just starting out with our first house, a new baby, and little disposable income means we need to keep project costs down. Material costs are what they are, but we often save money by skimping on the tools. I dug 40 fence post holes with a 19 dollar clam shell post hole digger. I frame everything with a hammer. I get up early to shovel before work. I reek of Icy Hot...

Here is what I dream of at night.

-Pneumatic framing nailers and air compressors (my future attic redo)
    -lithium ion anything (bathroom redo in process)
    -snowblowers (really sick of shoveling)
    -tile saws (bathroom project)
    -a garden/brush chipper (my house has become a landscape recycling center for my city-dwelling friends)