+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking What did you think of the season premiere of This Old House?

The new season of TOH (the Auburndale project) started last night! Did you watch? Tell us what you thought!

For more on this season of TOH, including 24-hour project Web cams, visit thisoldhouse.com
    Last edited by Moderator; 10-08-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Default Re: What did you think of the season premiere of This Old House?

Loved it!! I can't believe that house had no windows facing that view!

I liked the fact that the guys started the renovation in the first episode. I hope Norm goes back to the NYW and builds something special for the home and dedicates that episode to it. (I miss [I]The New Yankee Workshop)[/I).

I have been taping the show to watch at another time off of the Create channel but happened to be available when the show started so I watched the whole episode. I agree it was nice to see things start up right away for the project. It is too bad though that the webcams have had so much trouble as I like watching what I can of the kitchen going together. I hope someone will see this post and look into it. Kind of nice too when they leave the webcams on through the wrap party and then turn them off as it is interesting to see who comes and who goes even if we don't know half of the people.

I found it very interesting. It is good to see them go to work on a house so "needy". Really not a very attractive or functional home. Looking forward to seeing the process and results. One observation: with asbestos and lead abatement (safe practice) so emphasized (and in the spirit of "let's talk first about shop safety"), I am a bit surprised that Norm and Kevin launched that canoe without benefit of life preservers (I'm kidding a bit, but...).

We're particularly excited about this house because we get to visit it and meet the cast and crew! I won a TOH sweepstakes from the This Old House Home Team and they are flying us to Boston to spend part of a day at the site and have lunch with the cast. Isn't that too cool!!! I never win anything, let alone something so fun. We're visiting in early November and don't expect to be filmed but it will be fun to watch "our" episode later when it airs and we're looking at every episode leading up to it with a different perspective. We can hardly wait. I'll post an update after our visit.

I wish our house was on the Charles river. I like the current house project and from what I can see on the web cams, they put a lot of work into this one

Quote Originally Posted by Nailhear View Post
    I liked the fact that the guys started the renovation in the first episode. I hope Norm goes back to the NYW and builds something special for the home and dedicates that episode to it. (I miss [I]The New Yankee Workshop)[/I).
    Does anyone know why, he has not filmed a new series of NYW. I am going through withdrawal .

Go to "The New Yankee Workshop" web site for the details.
    I'm depressed about that too.

I have been really enjoying the show and up until now I have been enjoying the webcams too both the Auburndale and Los Angeles cameras. Now though both cameras are down. Could someone please look into this please. Thank you!