+ Reply to Thread

Default ceiling fan light simple fix?

The light on my ceiling fan will not come on when the pull-chain is pulled. Bulb has been changed. Fan works. Any suggestions?

Default Re: ceiling fan light simple fix?

Is the light operated by a three way switch or a three way dimmer? If so, check other switch locations that the switches are operating properly.

If single switch, could be a bad connection in the wiring, more than likely it's the pull chain switch in the fan. The pull chain switch can be replaced easily and cheaply enough. Turn of circuit breaker controlling fan light, remove switch from the fan and take it to the hardware store with you to match up a new one. Install the new in the same manner that the old was. Turn on breaker and test light.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Default Re: ceiling fan light simple fix?

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Is the light operated by a three way switch or a three way dimmer? If so, check other switch locations that the switches are operating properly.

If single switch, could be a bad connection in the wiring, more than likely it's the pull chain switch in the fan. The pull chain switch can be replaced easily and cheaply enough. Turn of circuit breaker controlling fan light, remove switch from the fan and take it to the hardware store with you to match up a new one. Install the new in the same manner that the old was. Turn on breaker and test light.
    I would like to add maybe the connection in the fan box is suspect. Pigtailing solid cable to stranded cable can be a bit tricky at times.