+ Reply to Thread

Default Better Homes & Gardens plan

We recently purchased a Better Homes and Gardens house, circa mid 50's, plan #2001. It has a small kitchen and utility room(that was made into a dinette) separated by a wall and small door opening. I'm trying to find venues that would address a remodel (with removing the dividing wall) for this specific house plan. In the BHG Nov. 1996 issue they advertised a remodel contest for this plan, but I can't find any other info. -- Handy Girl

Default Re: Better Homes & Gardens plan

I'm not sure I'm any help for a remodel but my wife and I just bought a 1952 BHG plan 2001 and are making plans for future remodels. If you are interested in exchanging photos and ideas please let me know. Our home still has the wall between the kitchen and the laundry where the back door is.

I realize these posts were in the spring, but I have just found this thread. I live in one of these houses, and there is another in my neighborhood. I don't have the separate utility room. My kitchen goes from the back door to the den (instead of a screened porch, I have a den). My neighbor's house has the separate utility room. I am very much interested in sharing ideas and pictures with both of you.

I have this plan (it was my mother's plan, but she never used it).. If any of you have pictures of your homes that you are willing to share, or ideas on a remodel, I would love to hear from you.

I have always loved this house, but have never actually been in one of them. Are any of you in Illinois?

I cannot find any information on this plan. Supposedly it was one of the best selling, most popular plans that BHG sold. Does anyone have any ideas of how to get information about this house? (BHG plan no. 2001/circa 1952)

I just found this post and also live in a BH & G Plan #2001 home. It was built in the early 50's and is one of the most popular floor plans they offered. We love our home, and would like to remodel the kitchen, opening up the wall that adjoins the den/screened porch. I would be willing to provide pictures to anyone interested. We live in Indiana, and have seen several homes like ours throughout the Midwest. Would love to share info with other owners of this great home.

Smile Re: Better Homes & Gardens plan No. 2001

***! I've been endlessly searching the web to track down this house plan!! I sure hope it is the one I am seeking. My parents built this house. It's a ranch style, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, laundry room with walk in from back, kitchen eating area, living room with fireplace and big viewing window, screened in porch off the kitchen. I'm hoping this is the plan! I want to build it. It is so practical and the best planned home I've ever seen.
    My parents had a garage off the end of the one end, and changed the screened in porch into a family room. Very nice! If any of you want to exchange info....I would love to. I would let you know how they remodeled/improved it. Should any of you have the actual plans or idea of how to get the plans...please let me know.