+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Expensieve Paintbrush

Paint brush, the good one is expensieve!
    Guys,

I just find a simple and good tool, how to preserve my brushes

See it here: www.pro-paintertools.com

All the best to all[/SIZE]

Default Re: Expensieve Paintbrush

This is probably spam, but I'll bite anyway.

There is no substitute for good brushes. $15 - $20 is not expensive for a tool that will do the job for many years to come if properly maintained. I'm still using brushes that are over 15 years old. That works out to $1 per year, not so expensive when you put it into perspective.

If you want a crap job, buy a crap brush. If you don't want to take care of your tools, do not buy a good brush because you won't get more than one use out of it before it becomes a crap brush and does crappy work.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Smile Re: Expensieve Paintbrush

Couldn't agree with you more Spruce! Talk about expensive, if you click on the link in that post, it takes you to an add for little plastic hooks to hold your brush to the side of your paint bucket. A package of 25 costs $25. How did I manage to survive all those years of painting without this breakthrough in technology!

Yeah, that whole thing stunk of spam, didn't even bother to follow the link, knowing full well where it would lead.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Smile Re: Expensieve Paintbrush

Guys,
    I like this forum and visiting it quite often.
    It was my first post by goodwill, to share a good think with colleagues.
    It is not spam, itís a good little product. I have found it cruising on web.
    This, little reusable clip makes my work easier. Before this, I taped a wire hook on my brush.
    Now I donít need to do that sloppy think. (CDO) It is one neat and simple, practical and reusable holding clip.
    Itís holds my brushes handy and vertical position on the edge of can or bucket.
    Actually, I was thinking of the same idea for some 15 years. I do like it very much.

Happy Thanksgiving,
    Joseph

Sorry, but thats gotta be the STUPIDEST "gadget" I've ever seen!

I had to look twice to see the actual hokey product...

Where I work, we've got a couple magnetic can-clips that are very handy; along with the Red "Handy pail" cut-in pail with a built-in magnet and adjustable hand-strap. We sell lots of these, and I've got one myself. It has liners available as well.

I'm not tryin' to make the OP feel bad personally...I'm speaking only to the product itself. For ~$9, you can buy one of those cut-buckets that you'll have quite a while........

Faron

Quote Originally Posted by Faron View Post
    Where I work, we've got a couple magnetic can-clips that are very handy; along with the Red "Handy pail" cut-in pail with a built-in magnet and adjustable hand-strap. We sell lots of these, and I've got one myself. It has liners available as well.

I'm not tryin' to make the OP feel bad personally...I'm speaking only to the product itself. For ~$9, you can buy one of those cut-buckets that you'll have quite a while........

Faron
    I prefer to keep a nail and hammer in my back pocket. When I need to set the brush down I just nail it to the wall. Nails are $20 for a 50 pound box, way cheaper than the OP's gadget.

BTW, I'm still not convinced that the OP isn't a spammer.

.........the Brush Holding Clip help save painters money and time by preserving the quality of their expensive paint brushes.
    I don't know of any professional painters ( maybe unsuspecting novices that get sucked in with hokey ads. ) that would waste their money and time on that gadget.

To the OP -- *if* you use and like them then good on ya.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Gentlemen,

Joseph is right. I do like and use these clips also.
    It's simple and reusable. Have ordered the first package 4 months ago. All
    painters I know buying it and using it.
    It carries unconditional guarantee to. Nice people, prompt delivery, good
    product.

Bajapainter

Talking Re: Expensieve Paintbrush

On those rare occasions where I had to have a support hook on my brush, I simply hammered a 4 penny nail into the brush handle, then took a pliers and bent it downward, forming a hook. Maybe I should market 4 penny nails at 25 nails for $25!

Mostly, I simply worked out of a standard one gallon paint bucket such as paint comes in. I rarely had more than a couple inches of paint in the bottom, thus the brush could merely stand on the bottom of the pail. Good practice was to always keep one edge of the pail clean so that the brush could also merely be laid across the top without getting the handle full of paint.

I used the "hooked" brush when I was working up high with a bucket and paint screen off the side of an extension ladder. Here you are basically a one-handed painter (hanging onto the ladder for dear life) and are forced to hang the brush on the side of the bucket while alternating with the roller.