+ Reply to Thread

Default delta shower cartrige leak

Howdy, after listing to the dripping finally went to get a replacement . Man $50 was a shock but then when i got home- it was missing one rubber sleeve so i returned and the plumbing supply guy gave me the package of 2 with springs ( that likely costs $1.50). So i replaced the cartridge and rubber sleeves and rubber rings that come with it. no more leak which is great.

But now i wonder was it the cartridgee or the rubber install sleeve?

So plumbers when you have a dripping leak how do you rule out the really pricey cartridge/ do they leak and cause a drip if they fail? Or is it the rubber sleeve and o rings? I wonder as $50 is worth avoiding if not necessary...

Default Re: delta shower cartrige leak

If you had gotten on line with Delta they would have sent you the parts needed for free.

John

I don't know that I've experienced a problem with a cartridge AND peripheral parts. Usually, it's either one or the other, so replacement/repair is pretty straight forward.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Yikes -thanks Johnjh20- i never would of thought about contacting Delta but they have warranty - limited appears to be 10 years on item will start hanging onto those receipts...