+ Reply to Thread

Default Raising a chandelier

Hello.

I've got a dining room chandelier that I want to raise a few feet. The problem is that I'm completely inexperienced with electrical/wiring and would rather not cut the wires that lead to the fixture.

Is there any way to raise a chandelier without cutting the wires? I was thinking about simply looping the chain and wires and fastening it some way. Is this possible?

Thanks for any replies.

Default Re: Raising a chandelier

Yes, you can raise the fixture by lifting and sticking the end of one of the chain links through another, then simply insert a nail through the end of the link so that it can't slip out, OR, you can slightly open one link and hook it to another link, whichever method works best for you.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Yes. Its called an "S" hook, available at your local hardware store in a variety of sizes, strengths, and metal finishes to match your chain.
    SPAM: never liked it from a can, can't stand it on a board forum. This board needs MODERATORS!

The S hook does the trick - I should have known something this simple would do the job. Appreciate the reply.