+ Reply to Thread

Default cement siding installing no stud isses

Howdy installing lap cement siding and have a spot that there is no stud on one end of a 1' section. there is osb subsiding anyone know what to do - thinking a bead of PL Premium and a roofing nail into the osb on the no stud side?

Default Re: cement siding installing no stud isses

did you install rain screen? meaning vertical strapping over the tyvek?

in your situatioin i wouldnt usea roofing nail. but if you have a ring nailer put 4 or 5 ring nails into the pieces . use stainless steel nails if its in the budget, multiple nails will help the peice from moving and coming loose
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
    did you install rain screen? meaning vertical strapping over the tyvek?

in your situatioin i wouldnt usea roofing nail. but if you have a ring nailer put 4 or 5 ring nails into the pieces . use stainless steel nails if its in the budget, multiple nails will help the peice from moving and coming loose
    Howdy id did indeed install the rain screen wall and added it 1/2" pink foam board an Attic foil allot of extra work but am real interested to see on the west side how much less radiant heat in the summer from the foil. The only area i did not is on a short wall of attached atrium. The way it was made the window trim already installed and thus a small area no stud. The concern is finding a ring shank nail hot dipped so the cement does not destroy it over time. Have n't found any stainless ring shanks but will look further . Thanks for you insights.

stainless steel nails are recommended by harti as for finding them though. if your local shops are anything like mine the big box stores wont carry em and prob dont know the exist, you'll have to go to a senco dealer or a shop of the same sort, geared specifically to contractors
    fire up the saw and make some dust