Default odd-size doorknobs

Does anyone know a resource for doorknobs with 2 1/2" backsets? Kwikset offers one with 2 3/8" OR 2 3/4" but you have to choose one or the other - they don't just accommodate anything within that range. Thanks!

Default Re: odd-size doorknobs

2-3/8" and 2-3/4" are the standard backsets of door hardware today. I have seen longer and shorter, and when it comes to replacement you'll have to find a door hardware specialty dealer that has access to more types of hardware that you're going to find at your local big box.

Good luck
    Come to Hidden Content for all your DIY needs

You might be able to find a standard lockset that has a larger escutcheon to cover up the hole.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencepost View Post
    You might be able to find a standard lockset that has a larger escutcheon to cover up the hole.
    I don't know about a larger escutcheon on the handset itself, but a door reinforcement plate would absolutely hide the little bit of massaging it would take to install a standard backset unit. Reinforcement plates actually look pretty good. They come in single and double layout and are available at the big box.

Come to Hidden Content for all your DIY needs

Pardon me, I should have used the word rose instead of escutcheon. They are essentially the same thing, but it seems that on doorknobs the term rose is preferred. I don't know why.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

Interesting. When I do a Google search for "2 1 2 backset" (with quotes) all I find are references to mortise locksets.