+ Reply to Thread

Default General Contracting??

Hello

I am interested in determining if it is worth it to repair my home or purchase new.

To do so, I need to find out the costs of adding a foundation/basement to a current addition, and remodeling that addition's attic into a bedroom with a full bath.

I also need new shingles and some bathroom repairs. Is there one person that can give me an estimate on all of this or do i have to get estimates from a roofer, a basement person, a handyman, etc.?

Thanks,
    jill in maine

Default Re: General Contracting??

You can go either way, depends on what you want to do. I would start with general contractors, they'll most likely be able to handle the work or have sub-contractors they know and trust that can do the work. A GC is able to orchestrate and manage multiple trades for multi-pronged projects such as yours.

If you want more hands on involvement with the projects, then you can hire the individual tradesmen that you need to complete each task, in essence acting as your own GC.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Thanks for the reply! BTW, great quote!

I have called a few people that are listed as general contractors, but turn out to be more specialized. Do you (or anyone else out there) happen to know a resource to find one?

Thanks again for the response!
    jill

Talk to trusted friends and family who have had work done to their homes. You will not get any better leads than from happy people. Beyond that, it's a crapshoot that begins by opening the phone book and cold calling.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jillpackard View Post
    Thanks for the reply! BTW, great quote!

I have called a few people that are listed as general contractors, but turn out to be more specialized. Do you (or anyone else out there) happen to know a resource to find one?

Thanks again for the response!
    jill
    Check your area for listing of AGC Association ( American General Contractors )
    Also for sub's request that he use sub's listed with the A.S.C.A.( American Sub Contractors Association )
    You can also request a refference of these contractors from the Association.

Thumbs up Computer Repairs Perth

We actually deliver as promised at the price quoted. We guarantee both the quality of our work and the honesty of our employees for all computer and network services.
    Hidden Content We also have sound board operators and city security camera professionals accessible for any installation you want. Hidden Content Hidden Content