+ Reply to Thread

Default Paint Color Coordination

I have a dining room carpeted in a muted coral (similar to Coral island SW6332 by Sherwin-Williams.
    I desperately need suggestions as to what color to use on the walls. The room is large, with large openings to hallways which are painted khaki (pale, pale greenish brown).
    12 foot walls with no chairmolding or any other embellishments. I will be painting myself as my husband has no interest and is not the fix it type, so I am stuck with the full 12 feet tall walls being one solid color.
    I'd like to do something exciting but am not sure if I should go opposite on the color wheel (blue/green)or use some kind of chocolate or honey. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Red face Re: Paint Color Coordination

It sounds like you have some earthy colors going on already in the house. I would go with something that goes along the lines of the earth colors but for some drama go with something a bit darker. A darker color can look especially good in a dining room if you have good light. Maybe a color like Sherwin Williams Library Pewter or Bunglehouse Gray. As long as you keep the trim white this will relieve the darker paint color. You could also try it in a gloss finish for more depth of color and to reflect more light. Also, adding some white molding or wainscoting will also add to the drama. Hope this helps!

www.ChristinaMarieInteriors.com

Default Re: Paint Color Coordination

Color can make or mar the development,I think that Color cues are of vital importance. There has to be some coordination and balance between the color theme of different rooms.