+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I quite

Default I quite

After years of complaining about spammers and suggestions of doing like other forums, like having active Moderators or requiring legitimate e-mail address to sign in the problem persist. After several fixes to their filter software, the problem persists. They even shut down for a month to make changes and instead of solving the problems they have made them worse. Now legitimate words are replaced by *ís and some times individual letters are replace in posts with *ís but the spammers continue to post multiple times. Some of the chosen words that are replaced make posts unintelligible. Why would you replace p-o-w-e-r with *ís on a forum that has an electrical thread.
    I have tried to help others through this forum but I donít have time to dig through 20 or 30 spam posts to find the one legitimate posts. I will miss the friends I have made on here but it is just not worth the hassle anymore. I wish you all the best of luck. I will also PM this to the Moderator but suspect it will be ignored just like the reported problems.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Default Re: I quite

jack i hear you i spend much more time on another board, set up by pros for pros. drop me a personal message and ill give you url. no homeowners or diy'ers allowed the mods are right on top of things. spammers are booted within an hour same goes for diy'ers... unless the diy'er is a sparky doing his own drywall. or a roofer replacing a sink in that case its ok for them to post
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Default Re: I quite

I feel your pain Jack and have lost the urge to post much myself. Reporting spammers doesn't work, PMing the moderator and other staff doesn't work. Posting in the Moderators Forum doesn't work, which leads to the ultimate conclusion that these forums are merely here to provide fodder for the magazine.

While I'm certain that other pros such as ourselves will join and continue on, the reality is that TOH has lost a lot of extremely good people because of their inability to run a forum and the fact that they just don't care what goes on in here.

Kudo's TOH for driving off yet another great group of people who's only intention was to try to help out the viewers of your magazine and TV series.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!