+ Reply to Thread

Default Ceiling and interior wall leak

I have an 8 yr old home - two story . I recently noticed water stains in the bedroom and interior wall. I checked attic thoroughly and did not find any moisture at all and it hasn't rained but once in the past two months. Insulation in attic is probably 10-12 inches, but I could not find any soiled insulation anywhere. Could this be something else? Condensation from bathroom fan? What can I check? I am wanting to paint the bedroom, but want this issue addressed first. Thanks!

Default Re: Ceiling and interior wall leak

Check and see if you have a cold spot in that area. Air infiltration do to a lack of insulation or and opening to the out side can cause cold spots that will condense the moisture in the air.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Default Re: Ceiling and interior wall leak

That might explain the ceiling, but not the middle of the interior wall. Attic is well insulated, a good six inches above the ceiling joists. I will have to dig into the insulation just to see the ceiling drywall moisture. I'll check side of the house as well, maybe birds have created a gap allowing cold air to enter. Thanks!