+ Reply to Thread

Default two story house gutter cleaning

what's the best way to clean a gutter of a two story house without using a ladder. Has anyone tried using a pressure washer attached to a telescoping extension wand. I heard that its really heavy and hard to control.

Default Re: two story house gutter cleaning

I've always done it from the roof top. Not recommended if you have a tile roof or have issues with heights. Otherwise it's a ladder.

There are attachments for leaf blowers that are supposed to be able to clear gutters from the ground, though they may not be available for two story applications.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

if you have a pressure washer you can buy extensions with up to 24 feet of reach. On the end of the extension you put a gutter cane, or other similar nozzle that blows the debris out.. Check your local home depot they make a good attachment.
    Lee Kendall
    www.kendallscapes.com

Old posting for a much older problem. There is no substitute really to getting up there and clean. It's risky for the untrained.

The problem with using a power washer to clean gutters is that the crud in the gutters goes flying everywhere! This is fine if you are planning on cleaning the rest of the house anyway. When the roof was walkable, I used to clean the gutters routinely as part of washing the customers house prior to painting. Unfortunately, the average homeowner would not own the amount of hose neccessary to go up and over a roof.