+ Reply to Thread

Default New switch has NO ground screw or wire

Hi,

Wondering what the best thing to do with this problem. I got a new switch, a remote control Heath Zenith BL-6133-WH. But this new switch comes with only two wires. No Ground wire. No Ground screw. And it's going into a plastic gang box.

Gang the ground to the other switch in the box's ground?

thanks,
    Jab

Default Re: New switch has NO ground screw or wire

Chances are it's a "double-insulated" switch meaning it doesn't have to have a ground.

Just connect all the grounds in the box together along with the ground on the other switch and you should be fine.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

Default Re: New switch has NO ground screw or wire

Jabberwocky --- any connection to Python ?

Up here in Canada none of our wall switches have a ground screw and have been used this way without a problem since the beginning of time .

In other words .... if that switch is UL certified ( which Heath products usually are ) then you should be good to go as is.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush