+ Reply to Thread

Default Linoleum Removal

Hi,

We recently purchased an older home with a badly executed and only partially finished in-law suite in our basement which we would like to fix up nicely for when family/friends visit.

We're trying to do some of the work ourselves but have hired a licensed electrician for electrical upgrades. We are currently interviewing several master plumbers to repair the very badly done bathroom.

The main problem is that they built a shower where one has to step done about 4". The worst of it is that they, rather than tile the shower area, used linoleum on the floor and walls. I managed to peel the floor covering off immediately. But the linoleum used on the walls (which is the very same as that on the floor) is not coming off. Is there a solvent which I can use to do the job effectively or do I need a heat gun?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Default Re: Linoleum Removal

If you're working with framed walls, it will be easier to tear it all down to bare studs and start over. If you're working with cement or block walls, then a floor sc****r will help. A floor sc****r is a heavy duty single edged razor with a long handle.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Default Re: Linoleum Removal

Thanks for the response A. Spruce. I was curious what you think to use green board over the vinyled walls?