+ Reply to Thread

Default Wireless Doorbells

I'd like to install a wireless doorbell system that has two or more receiver units (upstairs, main floor, basement) that can be triggered from one push button control. Any ideas on which make/model would be the best to use..?

Default Re: Wireless Doorbells

As per my knowledge doorbells wireless using radio waves instead of cables for connecting the switch to the bell. The switch is a small independent radio transmitter batteries. The receiver / chime can be *****ed by batteries or AC *****.

It's my experience that the batteries in the transmitter don't last any time at all. Better if you wire up a regular doorbell or get loud knocker mounted on the door (that's what I did).
    Just because you can, it doesn't mean you should!

Most wireless doorbell components can be programmed to send different codes. This allows you to add a component (say, an extra button) to the system by simply setting it to use the same code as the rest of your system. On one system I've seen, there is a little dial on each component to choose a code A through F; you can adjust it with a screwdriver.

If you want to add another chime (receiver), just set it to the same code as the other components, and it should receive the button presses the same way that the first chime does.