+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Best repair for rock lathe and plaster walls

Iam a painter and faux finisher and i have volunteered to repair the walls in the entry of my 1908 catholic church.The walls have cracked and exposed corners around the front doors are destroyed. The walls appear to be rock lathe withlimestone plaster.There areconcrete block behind that,no wood or boards.I have repaired many plaster walls with wood slats but need to no what i can use to build up the corners and the 1/2' to 3/4' voids on the flat walls.The walls are a sand base finish so i was considering wire to build up the corners and using sand based stucco on everything.The repair is only to get them by for awhile as they don't have the funds right now to repair it.Appreciate any cost effective ways to cosmetically repair this and paint the walls until they can afford to get a contractor there in ayear or two,thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	3758   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	3759  
    Last edited by Mirage Faux; 11-02-2010 at 04:18 PM. Reason: added text

Default Re: Best repair for rock lathe and plaster walls

I would use a bonding agent and structo lite base coat with a veneer finish with sand added to match the old finish. For around $50 can be repaired permanently. Hope this helps.