+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default asbestos machine???

I was asked to sell an asbestos machine for a friend. It made me stop and think if it was outlawed today. It doesn't sound like it has any use anyway but I thought I 'd ask someone if they knew of an alternative use for the machine. It's sight unseen to me but would anyone there know of a practical use for it?

Default Re: asbestos machine???

Quote Originally Posted by dwbdwb1 View Post
    I was asked to sell an asbestos machine for a friend. It made me stop and think if it was outlawed today. It doesn't sound like it has any use anyway but I thought I 'd ask someone if they knew of an alternative use for the machine. It's sight unseen to me but would anyone there know of a practical use for it?
    What's an asbestos machine ???
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

the asbestos machine is a device that has a water tank, compressor, hose and a hopper looking thing. Dump the dry asbestos powder from the bag (that you purchased at your local home center) into the hopper and turn on the compressor. Point the hose to the intended target where the water and asbestos mix in the machine to make spray insulation.

This machine should be bagged, tagged and sent to the Smithsonian or find someone in India, Russia, Canada or China to buy it. Those countries still sell and mine asbestos.

Quote Originally Posted by dephcon5;229591
    This machine should be bagged, tagged and sent to the Smithsonian or find someone in India, Russia, [B
    Canada[/B] or China to buy it. Those countries still sell and mine asbestos.
    Uhmm --- you're way off base there . We have strict regulations just like you folks.
    - Rush

It can be used to apply textured finish on ceilings.
    Also can be used to apply Acoustical plaster finish.
    Should also be able to slack lime with it.
    Apply premix plaster finish when texture is required like a dash coat.
    I don't think it can pump a sand mixture?

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    Uhmm --- you're way off base there . We have strict regulations just like you folks.

You sure about that?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/06/10/f-asbestos-safety.html

Maybe that's why they call Canada the Great White North. All that sprayed on asbestos.

Quote Originally Posted by dephcon5 View Post
    Here I thought we were getting into a mud slinging venue but instead I'll have to admit that is one story that had little noise or exposure nation wide till recently.

Goes to show you --- much like you folks down there ,we have all sorts of regulations, restrictions and health warnings regarding asbestos in homes , materials , abatement disposal, etc. when it comes to our own back yard --- but mine it and sell it to developing countries --- geez.

There's only one reason asbestos isn't banned in Canada, a political sore spot ,and it's east of Ontario and west of New Brunswick ---- the lack of political courage to deal with it. I thought it was a no-brainer, that anybody hears the facts, would say 'it has to be stopped.

Typical -- politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by ed21 View Post
    Maybe that's why they call Canada the Great White North. All that sprayed on asbestos.
    Now now.
    - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by ed21 View Post
    I knew we couldn't trust 'em!

I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    I knew we couldn't trust 'em!

Here we go
    - Rush