+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Water filters

Default Water filters

I wish to install a three cartridge whole house water filter on my well system. Should the filters be installed before the softening system on the supply side of the well or on the outlet side of the softner tank? My cut would be made on the line between the expansion tank and the softener in feed. The pressure gauge before the expansion tank reads between 40psi and 50psi. I would be using 5 micron sediment and carbon filters.

Default Re: Water filters

I think you may try to look at this water filter man.... http://www.ep-filters.com/category.p.../?category=689 hope this may help you a little...

Default Re: Water filters

You should install the filters after the pressure tank and before the softener.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thumbs up Re: Water filters

Thanks. Makes sense. I'm still wondering about the effectiveness of the 10" filters though. My water quality from the well is pretty good.

Smile Re: Water filters

I was able to find a decently priced set of filters on e-bay. It consists of three 2.5" x 20" cartridges ( prefilter and 2 carbon block filters) with pressure gauges on the inlet and outlet sides. As of now my oder problem in both the hot and cold lines has disappeared. I am glad I installed this not only for the smell problem but because I found a black coating in the copper pipes that are only a year old. Hopefully there is no coating in the PEX lines that make up the majority of the delivery system in my home. The only problem I found was with small leaks where fittings screwed into the plastic housing. These were rectified with many wrappings of Teflon tape. Hope this helps someone.