+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bath Tile

Hybrid View

Default Bath Tile

I recently removed a grab bar that was in my shower, only to find out that it wasn't grabbing onto anything. I'd like to replace it but how do I remedy the problem. The house was built in 1959 so where would I find discontinued colors of tile used in my bathroom (seafoam green). I am on a very limited budget so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nilsa

Default Re: Bath Tile

Howdy, did the grab bar pull out of the wall leaving large holes? There are different fasteners that you can install with the screws to add some strength. Some are plastic that you push into the screw hole and screw the screw into it. Other's are bolts with a metal clip the compresses when pushed threw the wall hole then the clip straightens and you screw the bolt tight. Finding the tile will be very challenging. Perhaps installing a band or a couple decorative tiles instead.
    If you are going to move the bar consider getting a stud finder at the hardware store or borrow one from a neighbor and then install the bar where the screws hit the studs in the wall.
    If you are elderly consider contacting the local senior center , united way etc there are volunteer installers of grab bars.