+ Reply to Thread

Default Ceiling Fan and Remote Installation

My husband and I are trying to install a ceiling fan with a remote to a single switch in the wall.

We are ready to connect the electrical, but can't figure out what wires need to go where.

Ceiling we have the following wires, bare, white, black, green and red.

For the Fan we have black, black/white, green and white

For the remote we have white/neutral, black/live in, white common, black/fan, red/light and ground.

There are so many wires.
    Last edited by tmoberheu; 09-07-2007 at 02:55 PM. Reason: spelling error

Default Re: Ceiling Fan and Remote Installation

Alrighty then, I’ll try and help walk you through it but have a couple questions.

Will the “remote” pack with the wires on it live in the ceiling behind the fan, or, behind the wall switch?

Do you have Black, red, white green/bare going from the wall switch to the fan location on the house wiring?

Does the new fan have a light fixture as well, or, is it just a fan?

Please re-explain the colors you see coming out of the box where the fan will be located and also the wiring for the fan it’s self.

Did you open up the wall switch box?

Thank you for your questions. Here are the answers:

Will the “remote” pack with the wires on it live in the ceiling behind the fan, or, behind the wall switch? The wires will live in the ceiling fan

Do you have Black, red, white green/bare going from the wall switch to the fan location on the house wiring?Where the fan will be housed and attached there are black, red, white, and bare wires.

Does the new fan have a light fixture as well, or, is it just a fan?Yes, the fan has a light as well.

Please re-explain the colors you see coming out of the box where the fan will be located and also the wiring for the fan it’s self. In the ceiling where the fan will be located there are bare, red, white and black. The fan has gree, white, black and black/white. The remote has red/light, black/fan out, white/common out, white/neutral in, and black/live. On each of the wires for the remote it has little tags that have words on them (light, fan out, common out, neutral in and live.

I hope this helps and thanks again.

Did you open up the wall switch box? [B]I just opened it. There is a black and red attached to the switch and a bare attached to the side.B]
    Last edited by tmoberheu; 09-07-2007 at 06:20 PM. Reason: changed answer to the last question.

We received help from the manufacturer this weekend. Thank you for your help.

Glad to hear it.
    I was away from the internet from my last post here until this morning so, I would have responded sooner rather than later.

Enjoy your new fan.