+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Exclamation no cold water to kitchen sink or washing machine

two days ago woke up to find no cold water to the kitchen sink or washing machine. hot water is running fine and still have cold water in the bathroom to toliet tub and sink.. we have had some extremely cold weather so i searched for frozen or busted pipes and didn't find any. also checked the screens to the sink and washer from cold water feeds they were fine.......anything else i can checked before calling plumber?

Default Re: no cold water to kitchen sink or washing machine

A frozen line doesn't always mean you will have a leak. Turn the cold on and run a hairdryer on the cold line anywhere it is close to the foundation or outside wall, especially elbows. Once the water starts running let it run for several minutes.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Smile Re: no cold water to kitchen sink or washing machine

there was one pipe that was frozen....went back under house for second look..read up on how to unfreeze properly and have our cold water back now should i insulate around this pipe to prevent further freezing? and if so what product should i use..
    this pipe is under the house in the crawl space and runs very close to foundation for about five feet before turning up into house.
    Last edited by brendabaum; 02-05-2009 at 02:07 PM. Reason: typo

Default Re: no cold water to kitchen sink or washing machine

You can get split foam tube insulation at almost any big box store to put around the pipes. I would also suggest you spray the foundation/ sill area with spray foam, a lot of times it is a small air leak at the sill.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb