+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default stamped concrete problem

We had this stamped concrete placed- cobblestone and not happy with the look. We need to know if this is typical.
    We love the color and look of stamped concrete. I've been told by our contractor that they do not recommend us doing this again. Is doing stamped concrete that hard?
    We are trying to figure out alternatives to fix this. they can't cut it out as all the sections have something wrong w/ them. 2nd imprints that were accidently placed over existing and smudged areas b/c the concrete was still wet when the stamp was removed.
    We are thinking of overlay or placing stone on top so we don't have to rip everything out. Any one have any suggestions what else to do?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	double print.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	3750   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smudged (2).jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	3751   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5761.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	3752   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5763.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	3753  

Default Re: s*amped concre*e problem

Was your pa*io poured in cold wea*her? Looks *o me like i* was ei*her poured in cold wea*her or *he mix was improper. Cold wea*her will al*er *he curing process causing *he *op layer ** concre*e *o freez and *ha* will cause scaling. Or *he mix was no* mixed *hourouly enough or i* was mixed *oo we*. Bonding agen*s can be added *o s*reng*hen *he concre*e. Ask your con*rac*or abou* *his.

Good Luck!!

Default Re: stamped concrete problem

Stamped concrete can also be blended with other decorative concrete elements such as exposed aggregate finishes and acid-etch staining, along with a particular pattern, such as running bond brick, hexagonal tile, worn rock or stone.

nick b is correct. its pretty common for newly placed concrete to scale or "flake" if it was placed in colder weather and the proper precaustions werent taken such as covering it with insulated tarps and or having a heater present to keep the surface water from freezing
    fire up the saw and make some dust

if that work was done recently i think you hired a contractor who didn't know what he was doing and you should make him fix the problem even if it means ripping up the whole thing and redoing it. if one of my men did something like that i would make sure that the problem was rectified and the customer was happy even if i lost money on the job.

Im with MLBSF,thats some pretty $hity work. I would hold the contractor responsible
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

mind youits not always the contractor, 2 years ago we poured concrete twice in the winter which turned out bad, all the right steps were taken but turned out we got a bad batch from the plant.
    we had such an issue with a slab 8 years ago, the job called for a shed be built on a slab but the homeowner changed their mind 3 times where they wanted the shed. when they finally made up their mind it was winter and we specically told the homeowner to wait til spring at this point. homeowner insisted on the shed being built right away, it was done but the slab was bad then tried suing us.. put it this way the shed cost more than it should have for the homeowner
    fire up the saw and make some dust