+ Reply to Thread

Default hot water running out to quick need help

I have been having a problem with my hot water. I run out after 2 showers of a total 20 minutes from a 50 gallon hwt with 30 to 40 minutes of recovery time in between. I have replaced both upper and lower elements, thermostats and have also replaced tank all together thnks to warrenty I have been told I have a problem with "crossover bleeding" I have replaced 2 faucets and a single handle faucet valve and this is still having the problem. need help
    Last edited by doitself; 02-04-2009 at 08:53 PM. Reason: miss spelled a word

Default Re: hot water running out to quick need help

Hmmmmmmmm. If you have replaced the WH and these other faucets.....I have to ask if you have a "Y" blender hose thingie anywhere in the house that has a hose with nozzle or similar attached. ??? If so....are both the hot and cold open to this device?

Have you tried closing off the supply valves to your clothes-washer?

Any chance that you have a single handle shower/tub control that hasn't been replaced?

Any new installed plumbing in the house? (I suspect not or you would have mentioned it)

Quote Originally Posted by doitself View Post
    I have been having a problem with my hot water. I run out after 2 showers of a total 20 minutes from a 50 gallon hwt with 30 to 40 minutes of recovery time in between. I have replaced both upper and lower elements, thermostats and have also replaced tank all together thnks to warrenty I have been told I have a problem with "crossover bleeding" I have replaced 2 faucets and a single handle faucet valve and this is still having the problem. need help
    Even with a water saver shower-head you would use nearly 40 gals of water in 20 minutes even more with a standard shower-head. Could be you should consider a tank-less water heater.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    Even with a water saver shower-head you would use nearly 40 gals of water in 20 minutes even more with a standard shower-head. Could be you should consider a tank-less water heater.
    Jack
    Or maybe turn up the temp on the WH so less hot water is being used during the blend.

Or..........maybe there's a balancing valve inside the shower control and it is malfunctioning. ????