+ Reply to Thread

Default Refinishing hardwood floors

I am thinking of refinishing my hardwood floors, and dread the thought of the mess, the smell and the drying time. I have read about a UV coating that can be put on hardwood floors that eliminates some of these issues, and wondered if anyone knew about it. Says it dries/cures instantly with little or no smell (VOC's?). It seems a little expensive and I'm wondering if it's worth it. Also, is it safe? Any experience you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks!

Default Re: Refinishing hardwood floors

It would probably be helpful if you included the name of the product to which you are referring.
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I've read the labels of many such products. They may or may not work, I don't know. However, their use would preclude going back to a urethane finish, short of re-sanding the whole floor. I have elected to just keep my floors clean with cleaners that do not leave a residue which would preclude further urethane. I am into my 6th year on my existing oil based urethane varnished floors and intend to give a re-fresher coat of urethane shortly.

Sorry JLM, but my impression is that the product IS UV coating. If you are asking what brand, I don't know enough about it to say - which is why I was asking.

I went back into my browser history, and here is one that I found ****** - http://vividfinish.com/uv/uv.htm, and another is http://www.flashuv.com/ - do any of these look familiar?.

I don't know if there are any contractors might know what this is?

Thanks again for the help!