+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How to cut Stainless Steel Edging for Formica Countertop

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusFarcus View Post
    Perfect examples of the Galactically Stupid group members spouting off about what they know nothing.

I get you're going for with SS and the 40s/50s retro look with trims & finish.

Skip the NY Metals 430SS if you're using metal cabinets, stainless sink or CI sink, or SS appliances, skip the 400 series materials if you plan on using the countertop for food prep or wash up.

Source 300 series SS. AJI in NJ for example. Slip in sacrificial filler in the chanels before you cut, slow speeds, sharp tools, the spring in the trim and a file will take care of the rest.
    Another pathetically obnoxious post by "The Googler of Knowledge", how apropos the initials. Since when is asking a question or making an observation "spouting off about what they know nothing". I think you're just mad because it is not likely you will ever receive an invitation to join the group.

The first kitchen counter top I helped install was in 1957, that was I believe in the 50s. It had straight sides and Formica banding.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    Another pathetically obnoxious post by "The Googler of Knowledge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	google_diploma_marcus farcus.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	2095  

Exclamation Re: How to cut Stainless Steel Edging for Formica Countertop

FINALLY! Thank you one and all for your informaton and insight ! I install all hardsurface products and until recently, have had no requests for; stainless,aluminumn, or rubber insert"cafe edge" type counters. I was unable to find a source of these types of specialty edges or info in and around Portland,OR. I have one residential kitchen that would like to use a "cafe" edge that incorporates the rubber insert. I have one commercial kitchen that would like to use a type of metal edge for durability. Your efforts are very much appreciated. I'm going to try contacting the sources you mentioned. Thanks again,Linoguy