+ Reply to Thread

Question needing a nudge in the right direction

My father recently passed away and I have aquired his shop full of tools. The only problem is I have a shop full of tools myself and I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can go to research these tools as many of these are older tools that are still in good condition. I have done searches on google and most of the usual ways but have returned no results. I have been incuraged to sell them on e-bay but I dont know what to ask for if anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: needing a nudge in the right direction

What kinds of things do you have? Do you have any brand names, model numbers, or anything else to go on? Are you trying to identify things or just get a general value for sale?

A couple searches you may try would be "antique tools" "vintage tools" "antique woodworking tools" (or metal working, or whatever type of tool they are). There are a few sites out there dedicated to antique tools of all kinds, it's just a matter of finding them.

Post up some pics and/or a list of some of the items.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    What kinds of things do you have? Do you have any brand names, model numbers, or anything else to go on? Are you trying to identify things or just get a general value for sale?

A couple searches you may try would be "antique tools" "vintage tools" "antique woodworking tools" (or metal working, or whatever type of tool they are). There are a few sites out there dedicated to antique tools of all kinds, it's just a matter of finding them.

Post up some pics and/or a list of some of the items.
    I have sears and roebuck, delta, porter cable, black and decker, and dewalt. It all pretty much reanges from tools to accessories pretty much if Norm used it my dad bought it. The list is very long and I really want to sell it but dont know what to ask for it. Thank you for your suggestions I try some of the searches you said.

The Sears and B&D stuff isn't worth anything. The other brands may or may not have some value depending on what they are. Typically, used tools in good condition run about 50% of new tool prices. Antiques might have some kitsch value to a collector or fellow tool hound that likes older tools.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

You can also check on Ebay and see what the tools are selling for.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb