+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy leaky bathroom ceiling

Hello,
    I am hoping someone can explain to me about a leak that I have in my downstairs bathroom in the ceiling, it is a constant leak and it seems to be getting bigger and bigger, the water is cold coming out from the ceiling and the area seems to show mildew.

Please let me know what this can be. I live here in California.

Thank You, Bill

Default Re: leaky bathroom ceiling

Is there a bathroom above it? sounds like there is a pipe up there somewhere. Can you access the ceiling somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
    Hello,
    I am hoping someone can explain to me about a leak that I have in my downstairs bathroom in the ceiling, it is a constant leak and it seems to be getting bigger and bigger, the water is cold coming out from the ceiling and the area seems to show mildew.

Please let me know what this can be. I live here in California.

Thank You, Bill
    If it's constant it seems as though it would be a pipe. Is there an attic up there? Water supply line up there?. You need to give much more info about whats in that ceiling.
    Hidden Content
    ॐשָׁלו

if there's not a bathroom above it, it could be condensation from the vent in the bathroom. is it cold where you live? also, it could be a leaking radiator pipe or water supply going to the upstairs. the tough part is, if it's a leaking pipe it might be coming from directly above the spot on the ceiling or it could be leaking from 10' away and running down the pipe and then falling off it right above your bathroom ceiling. you might have to do some exploratory demolition to that ceiling.