On a past "ask this old house", a woman had a problem with hot water. Her bathroom sink was the farthest from the heater and it would take a long time for the water to reach the sink. A device was installed that fit between the water line that would give instant hot water until the water from the tank reached the sink. I have been unable to find this device and would like to know what it is and where I should start looking for it.